Use this form to apply to erect a headstone or plaque on an occupied plot. Maximum dimensions and specific criteria may apply.
To complete this form you will need:
1. The cemetery, area, row and plot number details.
2. Dimensions of the proposed headstone/plaque.
3. To upload a photo, plan or drawing of the proposed headstone/plaque that shows the measurements.
Things to consider:
The maximum dimensions of headstones/plaques allowed by the Taupo District Cemetery Bylaw are:
- All lawn berms: 950mm (h) x 450mm (d) x 1065 (w).
- Opepe Cremation berm: 600mm (h) x 350mm (d) x 560mm (w).
- Garden of Rest/Pihanga Cremation berm: 230mm (l) x 150mm (h) x 16mm (d).
For Turangi and Mangakino lawn berms, applications for a larger headstone may be approved if it satisfies the following conditions:
1. It is in keeping with the character of the cemetery.
2. It poses no safety or security risk.
3. It does not extend into the space of another lot.