• Only persons with assets below those stated are eligible to apply: Single - $15,000.00 Couple - $20,000.00 (Car, furniture and personal effects not included)
• The applicant(s) must have reached sixty (60) years of age and be in receipt of a benefit such as Invalids, Widows, Transitional, Emergency or National Superannuation.
• NZ Residency qualifications also apply. Supporting documentation may be requested.
• The applicant(s) must not own, or have not sold any property in the last 5 years.
• At least one reference must be provided with application.
• Supporting documents showing income (e.g. bank statements)
• Medical certificates for each applicant must be completed by your Doctor and supplied with your application.
Please download these documents for your Doctor and Justice of the Peace to sign:
Confidential medical certificate form
The applicant(s) will be required to attend an interview with the Reserves Management and Property Officer. The applicant(s) may be required to provide supporting evidence of their circumstances at their interview. A date and time will be advised once your application has been processed.