Use this form to apply to keep more than two dogs on your property in a residential zone.
To complete this form you will need:
1. Your dog owner number.
2. The registration number, age, breed and colour of each dog kept at your property.
3. Name and address details of your neighbour(s).
4. Your neighbours written approval.
5. If you are renting, your landlords approval to keep the total number of dogs on the property.
6. A sketch of your property showing the kenneling in relation to the neighbouring properties.
Things to consider:
1. Any kennelling and attached run must be at least 3 metres from all boundary fences - it may be as close as 1 metre with a signed approval of the neighbour sharing the boundary fence).
2. Kennelling must have a suitable method for the disposing of dog excrement. A separate permit is required for connection to sewerage.
3. All dogs over the age or 3 months are to be registered with the Taupo District Council for the current registration year.
4. Good dog control with no record of complaints or impoundings over the last two years.
5. The property must have dog-proof fencing allowing safe access to a doorway of the dwelling i.e. dogs should not have access to this doorway.
6. A non-refundable application fee. Note: If the permit is declined then the application fee will not be refunded.
7. Once the application is received if more than one visit is needed to inspect the property as the property does not comply with requirements this may result in an extra charge of $130.00 an hour with a minimum charge of $65.00.