Attention: This site may not function correctly with your current browser. We recommend using IE 8+, Chrome or Firefox.
- Taupo District Council must be notified of any change in ownership, address or location of your dog(s). Depending on criteria you've previously met for the special dog classification, you may require an additional property visit which will result in another fee being required.
- Special Dog classification is given to those dog(s) applied for and assessed under these criteria. Any new dog(s) obtained may not automatically qualify for this discounted rate.
- The council reserves the right to decline or cancel any Special Dog application/classification and will confirm the reasons for the refusal/cancellation in writing.
- A Special Dog application may be lodged at any time. If you are registering a dog for the first time, you will need to pay the full urban registration rate along with the Special Dog application fee. Please note that the application fee is non-refundable.
- A dog(s) owned or kept by you must be kept under proper control at all times.
- Registration fees for each year are always due on 1 July. Payment for registration made after 1 July will result in the cancellation of the Special Dog classification.
Your session is about to time out.
You will lose any unsaved data.
Unfortunately, an error has occurred when processing this form. Please click "OK" to reload.